Wednesday, February 17, 2010

That much closer...


I have to say...I'm being a bad child right now...I'm currently sitting in history class "learning" about WWI... but it just hit me that, through passing my TEAS test, God has brought me one step closer to being a nurse. Say whaaaaaaaat? Yup! Now, I'm totally NOT saying that I am definitely in the nursing program for next semester, cause it is still terribly competitive, but the fact that God allowed me (yes, allowed) to pass my test, I am that much closer to my dream of finally being a nurse! Wooohooo! In case you didn't know, nursing is my passion, and I feel called to be a part of it, all for His glory. I see a HUGE ministry opportunity there and I really can't picture myself anywhere else. Well... except being a wife and mother... but you know what I mean, right?
Anyway, it's just so amazing to see a prayer turn into reality. Each step God has guided and He is forever faithful. Even just the fact that He gave us a new, beautiful day is astounding... cause ya know He really didn't have to. It's a gift. The breath you just took? A gift. Oh hey look at that you just produced 2,000,000 new red blood cells in the time it took you to read this sentence. Yup, that's a gift. The meal you just ate, eating, or about to eat in a little bit? You guessed it, it's a gift. And uh HELLOOOOO! What are you reading this on right now?! A computer? Laptop? Macbook(woot wooooot!)?! Are you aware at how blessed we are to have such technology?! We are so blessed. We need to use all we are blessed with to reach out to God's nations.
But what I really wanted to emphasize was that God will always be right by our side holding our hand guiding us through every step of our lives. We just need to hold his hand back, trust Him, and allow Him to lead (cause His plan is above all) us wherever He takes us. In passing the TEAS, I am one step closer. It may just be one step... but that one step helps me to get closer to the finish line. Until then, I'll keep running, seeking to hold His hand as He guides me through all the switchbacks, hills, and narrows. Solo Dia Gloria.

0 comments:

Post a Comment