Wednesday, May 12, 2010

After years of dreaming...

I start NURSING SCHOOL in 3 1/2 months!!!

Thank you GOD for allowing this blessing!!!

It's crazy to look back into the year and see how God worked and got me up each step, moving forward to the goal! He works amazingly and I am so excited to see what else He has in store! :)

Let's go back about two years ago when I graduated from Woodcrest Christian High School.
I was so excited to graduate with the hope of going to Cal Baptist University. Life seemed perfect. I was so excited to start a new school, and at a great school too! It's so amazing there. Then I found out we would not be able to afford it and I'd have to go to RCC.

I was crushed.

But God is still God even when we go through trials, He NEVER changes, He is good at ALL times. He reeeaaalllyyyyy taught me a lot that year. I went through a lot, but because I went through a lot, I grew a lot as a result. I can definitely see how me going to RCC was a blessing.
Then about a year ago, my parents told me I'd be able to attend California Baptist University.

I was stoked.

So then my pre-nursing journey began. First up, I had a lot of hard classes throughout the year. Microbiology. Organic and Bio Chemistry. Anatomy and Physiology I and II. All of which had 3 hour labs attached with them. And then regular classes such as english, history, and christian studies classes. Oh boyyy, it sure was hard! But God blessed me with amazing teachers who care, fantastic study buddies, and an amazing support system that consisted of my family and friends. I have been truly blessed. Second challenge up to bat was the TEAS test. Dun Dunn Dunnn. This test freaked out everyone. It's basically like the SATs for nursing school. On top of studying for all the classes and tests, we had to study for this big boy. THREE HOURS. I was sitting at a computer screen being video taped by security to make sure no one cheated taking this test for threeee hours!!! But PRAISE GOD! He allowed me to pass with an 84.1% when a 77.4% was needed. YAY! Then came the actual application process. It was frustrating. That's all that needs to be said. Actually I take it back, I will say a BIG thank you to Mr. Doty and Mrs. Valcarcel. Thank you sooo much for the lovely letters of recommendation!!! I appreciate it so much! The last stage of the application process was waiting to see if you made it through to get an interview. This freaked me out a bit. But again! By God's grace I was the first interview group to go! And while it was so exciting to go to the interview... it was pretty intense too! Group interviews. I'm not a fan. Oh well.

And thus concluded the application process.
Next?

The Waiting Game.

We were told we'd find out once grades came out. So the day that they did (May 3rd) everyone began to watch the mail like a birdwatcher. Lame comparison... I know. Then May 11th comes around aka the day EVERYONE, except me, got their letters. Nooo bueno!
Long story short...

Turns out it got sent to the wrong address.
oy vey.

But one call to the School of Nursing office and they told me...

I made it!!!
:)

All by God's grace.
Definitely not by my own.

All I have is Christ.

Thank you Jesus!!!
<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment